Tammy's Knitting Space

Friday, July 07, 2006

A productive sorta week



Well, I was able to get a few dishcloths made over the last week. My sister had mentioned that she wanted some more, so since her birthday is next month, I figured I would knit her up a bunch. I really love the Chinese waves round dishcloth. So easy, and so fast to whip up!! I'm definitely making a few more of those!



As far as the shrug is going, well I ended up frogging the whole thing and starting from scratch. I had gotten all the way to the end, measured it and found out it was too long! My gauge was only a few stitched off width wise, but length was, the gauge was way off. I think this was because I was doing it on a circular needle. So anyway, I decided to go with a size smaller straight needle. I'm using size 4 now, and everything seems to be going well so far. My gauge is always different with circulars, seems that it stretches more and increases the gauge in length if that makes sense. Anyways, my fault I didn't do a swatch I guess.

Just ordered some sock yarn to start on socks for Xmas presents. Looking forward to that. Also got yarn for my swap pal, so I'm looking forward to getting it and packaging it all up to send to her!

I also completed my second monthly dishcloth KAL. What a fun one to knit up. A dolphin jumping in the waves. No sure if I will keep this one or give it away!

Also knit up a dishcloth with music notes to give to my swap pal, since she enjoys music. Hope she likes it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home