Tammy's Knitting Space

Friday, July 14, 2006

My shrug is coming along!



Well, I think my shrug is coming along nicely. After having to frog the first sleeve, I have just sped through to where I'm now on the back. I'm still having a couple of concerns. First, I had to cast on 100 stitches for the back. I used the loop method using my thumb and inserting the needle into it. I'm really not liking the way the cast on looks. The stitches seem to be really loose. Second all those stitches I cast onto the circular needle were getting all twisted!! I was careful and they don't appear to be twisted. Thirdly, all those stitches!! I'm decreasing now, and I'm just hoping I end up with the correct amount of stitches!!!!


All in all, this pattern has been relatively simple. This is my first real project like this and I was so worried that I wouldn't understand what the pattern was telling me. It was like a foreign language! But, I been taking it one step at a time, and now I can finally see how this pattern is going, and how its becoming a shrug!




On the homefront, it's been an exciting week. My 16 year old daughter got her driving license on Wednesday. We've now entered a whole new phase of parenting!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home