Tammy's Knitting Space

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Back to School







Today the girls finally went back to school! It's been a very long summer! Amanda is my oldest and will be a junior this year. Missy is in 8th grade this year. Needless to say, neither were really excited about going back to school (so they say), but my oldest was up a 4:30 this morning and bouncing off the walls, and my youngest had to model her first day of school outfit for me last night. So no matter what they say, I think they are ready to get back and into a routine again. And so am I!! They were thrilled about posing for these pictures for me so early in the morning, but I can't break tradition now, I always have to get that first day shot!




In my knitting world, I signed up for two more swaps yesterday. One is the Knitter's tea swap. Should be fun, I 'm mostly a coffee drinker, but I love to try new teas, and usually have a cup before going to bed. I also signed up for Sock Wars. I was a little hesitant when I first read the rules, only because I still consider myself a novice when it comes to making socks, but what the heck, I may be the first to die, but it will still be a lot of fun!! Of course, I haven't told hubby about these yet!!

I am finally making some progress with the purse for my knitted purse swap partner, Tara. I found a pattern that I'm pretty confident that she will like, but was really stressing out with the colors, didn't know which way to go with it, but I've got the colors finally figured out, just hoping to order the yarn today so that I can get it started. I'm excited to see how it turns out, and I have a couple little surprises up my sleeve also! That's all I can say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home