Tammy's Knitting Space

Monday, August 14, 2006

Stashbuster weekend project



I decided this weekend that I really needed to dig into my stash and start using some of it. So I found a ball of Lion Brand Suede Print. I don't remember why I bought it, but the colors were so pretty, I figured it had to be something. I decided on a purse. I found a cute pattern for a ruffled purse and started. This is the pattern here: http://zephyrstyle.com/f/TWITTERPATED_purse.pdf

Anyway, I found that the purse came out much smaller than I imagined, but it will still be a cute little bag for my daughter. The yarn is so soft, it kind of looks like chenille. I did not like working with it though. I found that my hands would start to ache while knitting it and it left a weird feeling on my hands after knitting with it. It took just about the whole ball, and then I went to Joann Fabrics and found a cute little hand. I even made my first attempt at lining a purse. I still need so more practice on that, but I'm happy with they it turned out. I just need to find some kind of clasp or closure for it and it will be all so to go!! This was a pretty quick project. I cast on Friday night, and finished the lining Sunday night.






I think it's just perfect for my daughter!!



Couldn't resist showing off my little Josie. We just put a new comforter on the bed, so I've been trying to keep her off of it, so that I'm not always trying to get rid of dog hairs, so she has improvised and found the perfect place for her naps!! What could be better?? A blanket and a pillow to rest her head!! Yea, she's my little princess!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home