Tammy's Knitting Space

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Lots and lots of knitting!

First of all, I promised a teaser photo of the purse I am knitting my swap partner for the knitted purse swap, so here it is!! Guess it's not much help, is it!!!????

I received my yarn yesterday and immediately cast on. Wonderful yarn to work with. This should knit up fast. So far I'm liking the way its turning out. Stay tuned for more details on this!!


I managed to work on quite a few projects this weekend. My DH and I went to see the NY Mets Saturday. We left early Saturday morning because we were expecting lots of traffic with the construction of the new stadium, plus the US Open was being held that same weekend. So, I decided to bring along some knitting. Unfortunately, I never picked up my needles once. There is just too much going on at a baseball game. And by the way, Mets won against the LA Dodgers, 3-2. GO METS!!

Well, Sunday morning I finished up these socks. Originally they were meant for a Christmas present, but my oldest daughter saw them and wanted them immediately. So now they are hers. These are Broadripple socks from Knitty by Rob Matyska. Love, love, love this pattern. So easy to understand!! The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the sock cuff. I don't like to purl so getting through these rounds were tough!! I used Knitpicks Dancing on these and I think it worked out well.










This is my lovely daughter showing off her new socks.
















I was also able to knit up an apple dishcloth and start on another called "Swish with a Twist". I'll be happy when this one is finished. Mine is not looking like the picture on the pattern.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger MsLindz said…

    Hello there :o)

    I got your comment over on my blog and I just wanted to say hello there! There's another gal in the Sockret Pal swap that lives rather close, too. I don't know if you know or would be interested, but we have a knitting group that currently meets on Saturday mornings at the Border's in the Waterford Commons. Here's the link to our Yahoo Group:

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newlondonknitcrochet/

    I started it up and I'm thinking of adding a night during the week since I'm currently working Saturday mornings (*pout*). Perhaps you could join us sometime!

    Take care!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger MsLindz said…

    PS I love the color of your socks :o)

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger lexa said…

    I just made Broadripples, too. Great pattern, isn't it? Easy to remember. Love the colors of yours! (Or I should say daughter's!)

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Teri.p said…

    Pretty socks, Tammy! I don't suppose you can sneak them away from your daughter on Christmas Eve and wrap them up, eh? ;-)

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ginny said…

    Beautiful socks! Love how the color and the pattern work so well together.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home