Tammy's Knitting Space

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So here's what I've been doing

One shameless little plug....

LETS GO METS!!

Well, it happened finally...my youngest daughter Missy asked me to teach her to knit!! There she is plugging at it. She's my tomboy, so I was kinda surprised, but she picked it right up!! This weekend I taught her to do the long tail cast on and the knit stitch. She's an amazingly fast learner, and she's excited about it. But it did come with a price. In exchange, she is teaching me how to win at Mario Kart. She's a good teacher too!

Okay, so now my dog. She's not an outdoor to say the least. She would much rather be inside snuggled on a pillow. And she doesn't like rain. If there is even a sign of rain, she won't go outside, and when there's a storm, she hides in the basement. But for some reason, Saturday morning she decided to go exploring when I let her out. I didn't really notice anything until I sat down with my coffee to knit and watch HGTV, and whoa, that smell!!!

And this is what followed......

Putting it mildly, she wasn't happy!!






And finally, this sock really kicked my butt this weekend!! I wanted to get a pair of socks finished this week before I start Sock Wars. So I took this pattern and got started. Well, Im not sure whether it was the yarn or the intricate pattern or the size 1 needles, but it really got the best of me. Im sure my carpal tunnel didn't help much either. The yarn kept splitting on my and my hands were so cramped. So I decided it was either frog it or modify the pattern. So I went with shortening the cuff, and instead of continuing the pattern down the foot, I decided to just do the pattern around the ankle, and stockinette the rest of the sock. Then while Im knitting the foot, I realize that I'm coming dangerously close to the end of my yarn. DARN!! Now more decisions to make. First, I looked to see if I could buy another skein. This was Knit Picks Parade. DARN AGAIN. They have no more in this color. So now, Ive no choice but to frog and make smaller socks. Fortunately, my mom has small feet. Okay, so now these are a Christmas present for mom. Let me tell you, I end up with approximately 16 inches of yarn.


Not bad, not exactly what I had in mind, but my tinking ended up working.

Here's a close up of the pattern.

And there's my week so far!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Mz Mar said…

    Your BT is darling! They are so funny about the rain!
    My Sophie is a year and a half~dh just said today she's like having a baby in the house!! That's a hint of how spoiled she is!!
    Your socks turned out nice~~like that pattern!

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    Oh gosh, another long suffering met fan! My son, since he was a little fella has always adored the mets. And, as chance would have it, for the last 6 years he has been sharing the same barber as Willie Randolph! Can you beat that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home