Tammy's Knitting Space

Friday, September 15, 2006

Teasers and teeth!


I've been busy this week and making progress with my purse for the exchange. Unfortunately I can only post these teaser photos until Tara actually receives it. Hmmm.... wonder what that could possibly be!!! Last night I finished the knitting, now I need to put it all together, which will be more time consuming than the knitting, but I'm excited about the way it is coming out. The colors are perfect and I think it will look even better than the photo in the pattern! I may just have to make another one after this one is finished. I think my daughter would really like this one too. And I know she loves the colors that I've used in this one.

Since yesterday I have been suffering the wrath of a teeth cleaning. I have been going to the same dentist and hygienist for the past almost ten years. Unfortunately, my hygienist had an emergency and would not be able to see me for my scheduled cleaning. If I hadn't had a tooth that was bothering me, I would have just taken her next available appointment which would have been weeks away, but I really wanted to find out what was going on with my tooth. Therefore, I took another hygienist for my cleaning. My girls both have their teeth cleaned by this particular one, so I wasn't contemplating any problems. Well, let me tell you....she ripped my gums to shreds!!! I have never been in so much pain from a teeth cleaning. She got in there with those picks and really dug!! My mouth was full of blood, her gloves were covered in blood. My eyes were tearing up from the pain. I don't know what I got myself into. My kids like her, which is something since neither one particularly likes to go to the dentist. I've never heard them complain. Now, my regular hygienist talks the entire time she is cleaning my teeth and we take frequent breaks to chat, but I just don't remember it ever hurting or even bleeding like that!! Wow is all I can say. I will never take my hygienist for granted again. And I may even start flossing on a regular basis just for her!! My hubby was so sweet though. He is in charge of dinner on Thursday nights when I work, so he made me some tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich for dinner since my mouth was so sore!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    I know what those are, they are flowers right? I've been making a bunch of those too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home