Tammy's Knitting Space

Monday, September 25, 2006

Socks anyone??





Well, I did it, I finished my Sock of Doom and will be going out in the mail today. The pattern is one I will use again, nice and stretchy!! Easy peasy to do. Started Friday night, finished Sunday night. But I have a suspicion I will be dead before they ever reach their destination. I am sending these to the Netherlands, yikes, who knows when they will get there. My assassin has already let me know she has a package for me, and I'm pretty sure she lives in the US. Oh well, I did enjoy knitting these sock, even under duress, and I will be getting a handmade pair of socks in return. I may not win the war, but the alternative is okay with me too.


This is my mid-September KAL with Monthly Dishcloths. I really enjoyed this and it was fairly easy.

I really love doing these KALs, I love knitting dishclothes and I can work on this while working on other things, because there are only a few lines to knit up each day.




Unfortunately, my socks were the only knitting I did this weekend, but I was able to get the rest of the materials I needed for Tara's bag, so now I can devote my time to that and get it finished up this week. I think it's going to look awesome!!

I also was able to get some shopping done for my KTS2 pal. I'm just waiting to hear back from her on a couple of things, and I will get that finished up by this weekend and get it mailed off to her. I have to admit, I bought some new tea for myself too!! I saw an awesome felted tea cup and saucer on someone's blog this weekend, and I'm thinking about trying it out and sending it out with my package. If I don't get to that, I plan on knitting up a dishcloth to send along.

This week I also hope to finish off the socks I had been working on. Yipee, I will have two more socks for SAM2!! I'm on a roll! And I just got some Cascade fixation and Regia sock yarn in the mail last week. I just joined another sock group, and they are starting a new KAL, so I'm all set!!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Very nice dishcloth - aren't they fun? I like the socks too - they turned out great.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger LG said…

    Hi Tammy, I love the socks! I like the color you chose very much.
    And very pretty dishcloth!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Tina in Wonderland said…

    Great socks!

    I'm in the same Dishcloth KAL but I didn't have time to do either of this month's. After seeing how great your mid-Sept cloth looks, I'm gonna go download the pattern and knit one of those babies up!

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Teri.p said…

    Congratulations Tammy, on such a quick finish on your Socks of Doom! I chickened out and didn't sign up for Sock Wars, so I'll be cheering you on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home