Tammy's Knitting Space

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

For my Sock-ret Pal!

Sock-ret Pal Questionnaire

The basics:
How long have you been knitting?
About a year and a half.

Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?
Well, I've made less than a dozen pair, but I wouldn't consider myself a beginner. Its obviously one of my favorites things to knit.

The measurements:
While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.
Size 9

(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love?
Pinks, purples, tan, dark blue.

Do you prefer solids or variegated?
I would have to say variegated.

What fibers do you most love to knit with?
As far as socks goes, anything soft and stretchy. Otherwise, I like to felt, so I would say a chunky wool for that. I really like anything that feels soft in my hands. Again, I'm fairly new, so I haven't had the chance to see everything out there yet either.

Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors?
Well I use Knitpicks alot for the service and because they are great when your on a budget!
I also have ordered from Knitting Zone and the Yard Exchange, LTD and have had good results. Again, Im still new.

What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting?
Love to felt! Also love dishcloths because they knit up so fast! I think that's what I'm all about. I like fast results. I started a shrug early this summer for my daughter for Christmas that I'm only about 60% done with. Im not big into piecing things together. Thats why I love to knit socks. I love the fact that I seen this yarn become a sock right before my eyes.

(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear?
Acrylics, novelty yarns.
What colors would you never wear?
bright oranges, neons.

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood?
Bamboo

Circs or Straights?
Both

DPNs or Magic Loop?
DPNs (although I am determined to learn magic loop!)

Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like?
row counters, more bamboo DPNs and straights, knitting bags, hmm. Im stuck, but I will add as I think of anything.

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link!
No but hope to have one soon.

Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*)
Sweet, salty

Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc)
Dont like cigarette smoke.

Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand?
Love Cinnamon, sweet, spicy. Don't care for flowery scents.

Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)?
Snowmen.

When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!)
May 12.

Do you spin? Dye your own yarn?
No....not yet!!

Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better...
Danielle Steel, Nora Roberts, Kathy Reich, Luanne Rice. (Authors).
Okay, I admit it, love the 80s. Also, James Blunt, John Mayer, Gwen Stefani. (Bands)
Loved my honeymoon down to the bahamas. Also Disney, Boston, New York to see the METS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home