Tammy's Knitting Space

Monday, January 08, 2007

Ahhh.....silence

Ahh, can you hear it?? Exactly, silence. This is my first full week of having my house back to myself during the day and it's wonderful. There's nobody sleeping late, nobody in front of the t.v., nobody bugging me about what's for lunch, or if the laundry's done, or if anything needs to be done around the house, nobody in front of the playstation. Just me, the dog and a wonderfully quiet house. I feel at peace again and the stress is leaving me!!

With that said, I've been able to get back to my knitting. Only socks though. The thought of knitting dishcloths right now doesn't appeal to me since I knit 12 for Xmas presents. But oh I missed my socks. I cast this one on last week and finished up the first sock. I used Regia silk and it's just a basic ribbed sock. I was about to start on the second when I ran into this wonderful pattern from Knitty called Monkey. I immediately cast this on my needles. I again used Regia silk and this colorway is fabulous!! It's a combination of creamsicle, olive green, raspberry, blues. The pattern seems complicated, but the eight rounds of lace pattern is very easy to memorize. And this is the first time I've done a cuff in the twisted rib and I love it!!! I started this Saturday and as of last night, I turned the heel and picked up my stitches for the gusset. I love, love, love this sock!! I don't have any pictures now, but soon! He's a shot of the first sock of my basic rib sock.


In all the going-on's over the holidays, I never got a chance to show off my second package from my Sock-ret pal. It arrived right before Xmas. The yarn is a yummy kid merino by Crystal Palace. I just fondled this yarn for days, it is so soft!! My husband didn't understand it but oh well! It is so luscious. I'm not quite sure what I will do with it yet. This yarn was actually my first attempt with my new yarn winder I got for Xmas. She also sent me a set of DPNs and two wonderful books, one on socks and one on bags. I've already got a couple bag patterns picked out that I'd like to try. She has been a wonderful pal to have, right on with everything she has sent me!! Thank you Sock-ret Pal. I can't wait to find out who you are!!






Well, my New Year's resolution this year was to get back in shape. Unfortunately, I got a nasty flu for the New Year's and only now am I beginning to feel almost back to normal. So, today I started on Weight Watchers. Ive gone to meetings before and had really good success with it, but this time I'm doing it on line so we'll see how that goes. So far so good though.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    I know exactly how you feel about getting everyone back to school and work. I just have one still home til the end of the month. He's not too bad because he pretty much stays in his room. But I was very happy to be rid of the other two and my husband! Couldn't get anything done with them all home and the mess-- that's a whole different story :)
    Your socks look wonderful...I'm really getting itchy to try some socks myself. Hopefully rather soon if all goes well :)

    Happy knitting :)

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Woman who knits said…

    I love Monkey. I see so many people doing them, I think they need to be my 2nd pair of socks.

    Love all your new stuff! Enjoy time alone. It is precious when you have a houseful!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    Tammy,
    Here's the answer to your question on my blog:I'm using one of my mother's patterns for the baby blanket. (Picture of it in progress is in my previous post) I definitely know she didn't design it. Probably one of her friends passed it along to her. If you email me(address is in my profile) I'll be happy to type it out for you if you are interested for your personal use. Very easy...I think you would enjoy the pattern.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home