Tammy's Knitting Space

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My busy weekend

Okay, let me just say right off the bat, I don't have any knitting pictures to show. But I did get some done. I know have hat and mittens completed on the giraffe set, after having to frog the second mitten, because I discovered I had made two right hands. I also ended up frogging my so-called scarf twice, because my gauge is varying so much. The beginning rows are so much tighter. So that has yet to be begun again. I also started a felted back pack for one of my daughters, but I can only work on that when she is gone.

Okay, onto the fun stuff:

My youngest daughter is in the band at school. They were asked to play the Star Spangled Banner at the high school football game Friday night. Here she is playing the clarinet. This is her first year in band, and I am so proud of her. She has really practiced hard.














Well, this was also homecoming weekend. My daughter is a junior at the high school and she and her friends decided to all go together (much to my delight...I'm not ready for the dating yet). This isn't a great picture, but she really looked beautiful.


















So we made it through the weekend. Phew. But then Monday morning before 8, I get a call from the school. "It's not an emergency, but....". That already makes me nervous. Apparently, a boy ran into my daughter and stepped on her foot. She was wearing flip flops (don't ask me why!), and the boy's shoe somehow lifted the toenail off my daughter's big toe. Yea, yuck. So, we ended up taking her to the emergency room, where the doctor had to take the rest of the nail off, since it was in half and hanging. Now, my daughter does not like needles, and they have to shoot her toe up with lidocaine, but even with that, it was very painful. She was a real trooper. So here she is now with her foot and and the rest of the week off from school.


And lastly, my nephew turned 2 yesterday, so we had a birthday party for him last night. Here is is with my youngest daughter enjoying his cake.







I had knit him a pair of socks for his birthday (don't worry, I got him toys too!). It's hard to get a 2 year old to sit still when he's pumped up on cake and surrounded by new toys, but here he is with them on. They fit perfect!





4 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    sorry to hear about your daughter and her toe--something similar (minus the hospital trip!) happened to me a couple of years ago! :( The homecoming dress was beautiful too! And congrats about your other daughter's first band performance! I also stopped by to provide you with this link: http://www.needlepointers.com/displaypage.aspx?ArticleID=28696&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wolfandturtle.net%2fYarnpath%2findex.php%2fYarnpath%2fmy_favorite_bobble%2f
    This is what I used to overcome the bobbles! After you use this tutorial, you will no longer fear bobbles, trust me! :)

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    the link got cut off..this one should work and hopefully appear on the screen.
    http://www.wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/
    index.php/Yarnpath/my_favorite_bobble/

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    what an awful thing to happen to your daughter. It's times like those that make me grateful that I'm home to look after them.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    Your daughter's poor toe...ouch...hope it's better by now. Sounds so terribly painful :(

    Kuddos on her first band performance. My boys both play in their schools band, too. It's so good for them. We had the H.S. concert last week and my 6th grader's concert tomorrow...fun..I love it :)

    Happy knitting :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home