Tammy's Knitting Space

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm back!

Okay, well, it was a tough weekend. The Mets lost their chance to play in the World Series Thursday night. I spent the next few days in mourning and banned the household from speaking their names. I think I'm over it now and can now look forward to next season. For me this is strange, before this spring, I didn't even care about sports at all!! I guess that's what happens when your married to a sports fanatic, some of it's bound to wear off on you. So here's a couple pictures of the first game we all went to as a family (my oldest daughter is taking the pic). Since then, we've become a little bit wiser, and we get better seats now. These nose bleed seats were our one and only. I'm not really afraid of heights, but I did not like walking up these stairs!!



















So, onto the knitting, I finally managed to finish my Cascade Lace Wings Fixation socks. I love them! I decided to make these for myself, because I wasn't sure how I would like working with the fixation, but these socks are so comfortable!! I will definitely be using more of this!












That's about it as far as knitting goes. Kind of pathetic. I feel like I haven't gotten much done this week. I have been finalizing my Xmas list for this year though. I'm just hoping I am realistic about getting them all finished on time. This weekend I'm going to a farm that sells their own yarn with my mom. I'm excited to check this out. She usually only sells wholesale to LYS's, but a few times a year she holds special private sales by invitation only. My mom had met her at an artist's festival this summer, and she had put herself on the mailing list. Which is funny, because my mom doesn't knit. She's the seamstress in the family.

I've also got one more pair of socks that I'd like to finish before Socktoberfest is over. A pair of socks for my older nephew. It will be the same pattern as the socks I made my youngest nephew a couple weeks ago, and the same yarn, just a little bigger. Should be no problem!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    Oh wise one, YOU GOT TICKETS!!!
    Didja bring any knitting???

    By the way, ever see the movie Fever Pitch - wrong team but fun movie!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger hakucho said…

    I love those socks! Very cute.
    I'm going a little crazy about all the Christmas knitting I want to do. I've got to stay focused and stop finding all these wonderful things to knit!

    Happy Knitting :)

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    maybe I'm crazy but I don't do xmas knitting. No one's requested anything of me--if they only knew! don't worry--I haven't been knitting much either. the socks look good! have fun @ that farm you're going to with your mom..try not to buy out the place! ha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home