Tammy's Knitting Space

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I've got the bestest Tea Swap Pal!

After weeks of anticipation, it is finally here!!! I practically stalk my mailman every day!! Well I had just gotten home when I saw the mailman pull up across the street. I watched him walk across the road, but as I was going to the door, he turned around!! Hey, where are you going with my package???? I know that's for me!!!! Whew, fortunately, he came back. He had just forgot the slip that I had to sign. And this package was huge!! I immediately looked at the return address. Canada, it came all the way from Canada!! Well there was no taking pictures of the package unopened. I was just too excited. And while I started opening my box, my kids came home from school, and they were as excited as I was. One by one I took my gifts out of the box (while taking my daughter's hand out, these gifts are for me!!). I can't even begin to tell you how special I felt. My pal sent wonderful gifts to me. I felt like she knew me. First of all the tea. She sent some wonderful Celestial Seasonings Apple cinnamon Spice. It just sounds tasty saying it. She also sent Lipton Asian White in the triangle bags that I've been dying to try. (I was just discussing this with my mother the other night!). Another favorite of mine, Tetley Chai. I love chai. I always order this when we go to Gloria Jeans. She also included some wonderful loose teas; some Metropolitan Maple, and Raspberry Leaves from the Farm Pantry in St. Jacobs, Ontario. But that is far from all!! She also sent me the coolest tea mug. It has an infuser and top. I cannot wait to try this! She also sent me a separate tea infuser which will definitely get a lot of use! As far as goodies, mmmm, she sent some wonderful Canadian Maple Syrup and chocolate, which will not last long in this house! My girls already took dibs on the candy, I guess I might share a little of that. And is that all? No way. She also made me two beautiful dishcloths. I was so touched to get this. She did such nice work on them. I knit dishcloths all the time, but I have only kept 2 for myself, I always make them as gifts, so its nice to be the giftee this time around. Is that all??? Not yet, she sent a knitting magazine, which I will definitely be browsing through tonight.


And last but not least, the yarn!! Regia bamboo!! I've been wanting bamboo. I've never knit with it before. Its a beautiful blue and brown colorway. Now, what kind of sock will this yarn become??? My swap pal turned out to be Kim. I'm really looking forward to reading her blog and getting to know her. I think she's a fantastic person!!! Thank you Kim, you made this swap turn out to be a wonderful experience. You don't need to be worried anymore about wondering if you picked out the right things, because these are all things that I would pick out for myself. You did an awesome job and thank you so much!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    Swaps are soooo much fun! You got some nice goodies.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hi Tammy,

    Sorry I didn't post earlier!! I'm so glad you liked the package!! I was really nervous lol!...I can hardly wait for Knit Tea 3!!

    Take Care
    Kim

     
  • At 3:46 AM, Blogger g-girl said…

    you were certainly spoiled!! the dishcloths look very nice from what I can see too. :) lucky girl! And so much tea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home