Tammy's Knitting Space

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

No socks on the sticks

Finally finished up these socks last night. Yea, glad to be done with them. I won't be working with this yarn again!

Right now I'm trying to finish up my purse for Tara. I can happily report that I am finished finally! There is just one adjustment that I need to make on the closure part. I just don't like the way it looks, but it just needs some minor adjustments. I'm doing to show it off, but will have to wait until she receives it sometime next week. Gives me more time to fill it up with goodies too!

I've also been in the process of gathering goodies for my KTS2 pal. I had sent her a list of questions that she answered, so now I know my plan of attack and just need to finish up shopping for that and get that in mail. It would be great to get both packages in the mail on Saturday.

Recently I saw in someone's blog some felted pottery they had done. so I experimented last night with that. I had bought some Patons SWS in pretty pinks (which my KTS2 pal likes) and I gave a whirl at making a teacup. Well, here it is before felting. I'm felting it as I blog. If I'm successful, I'll make the saucer to go along with it tonight.



Before felting......







This week I've been watching episodes of Knitty Gritty on t.v. I know, it's been on forever, but we don't get DIY, but this week our satellite providers have free DIY until October 7, so I've been taping them all! When I was watching one episode my DH looked up from his laptop and said "knitting on t.v. too????" Oh well. I was watching an episode on a felted bag and the lady used something called Swiss Darning or duplicate stitch. Now, till now I've stayed away from intarsia, but this looked pretty simple , and kinda fun. Just wondering if anybody has ever used these techniques and which they prefer?? Anyone??

Well I received my Sockret partner yesterday and I'm still waiting for her to post her questionnaires on her blog. I hope she does soon, because I have a ton of ideas spinning in my head and can't wait to get that first package together! (Like I don't already have enough packages going on now!).

2 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    It's always amazing how our projects look prefelted. That cup is deceiving "in the raw".

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Katie bug Creations said…

    I love the teacup. Would you be willing to share your pattern? Would love to make one for my MIL. Great teachers gift as well. I love felting. The colors of the new SWS Patons yarns are great. I have been wanting to try that yarn. I see it is on sale at MICHAELS this week for 4.79 I guess I will jump out and try.

    Thanks
    Tammy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home