Tammy's Knitting Space

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Socks, socks, socks (and some candy corn too!)

Well, I finished my first camo sock this weekend, but I was kind of bored with the pattern, so decided to start on some toddler socks for my nephew with the yarn I had won from a contest on Sock-ret pal. But, I had to stop that until my sister can measure his feet. I also had to frog this twice, until I finally figured out that the heel instructions were wrong. So now, I'm kinda winging it, just doing a simple 2x2 rib. While waiting for his measurements, I started my second sock on camo. I'll be glad when this sock is done. I just haven't been able to get into this pattern much.

I also knit up the dishcloth for the KAL here. When I saw the yarn colors we needed, I immediately thought candy corn, but as I got into it, I became unsure of what exactly I was knitting. Even when I finished it and looked at it I thought what the heck is this, then I was reading g-girls blog and Hakucho's blog and finally realized what I was looking at. It's an illusion dishcloth, isn't it cool looking?












In honor of Socktoberfest Lolly showed off her sock stash. Well, here's mine. Sad isn't it???? Although on my behalf, I will say that I have two pairs of socks on the needles right now, and I have some on its way from Little Knits this week. For the most part, I buy my sock yarn with someone in mind, but not necessarily a pattern in mind. For instance, I know that the Cascade Fixation I will be using to make ankle socks for my daughter, and the pink yarn will be for my daughter as well.

And as if I could forget, I won Chrissy's September drawing over at Knittin' Mom's blog for SAM2!! Yea. I think I'm on a winning streak!! Maybe I should take a trip to Foxwoods??

4 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger hakucho said…

    Now there are triplets...yours, g-girls and mine look exactly the same! Terrific technique to try.
    Happy Knitting :)

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger g-girl said…

    it looks good! and you're welcome for the help.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Sock yarn and beer in GA?? I dont get it????? Could it be because Im too old????!!!!

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    I loved knitting that candy corn clothe. How clever was that?? Yours look as yummy as mine! I've decided to frame mine. I can't do dishes with that, no way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home