Tammy's Knitting Space

Monday, October 02, 2006

I got a lot done before I died

Here's a few of my hats from the Caps to the Capital KAL that I am doing with KH. These are so fun to do and they go so quick.









I was able to get my packages for my KTS2 pal and Purse swap pal out on Friday. I really hope they enjoy their packages. Here's Tara's purse all packaged and ready to go.






I officially died 9/30/06 at approximately 12:30 pm. Yes, my socks of doom arrived. Blood red seems so fitting, doesn't it? Well, I have to say they are beautiful and I put them on as soon as they arrived. My wonderful assasin even included a couple packets of tea for me to enjoy (I guess to soften the blow). Made from beautiful hand painted wool. I have to say, with all the ups and downs of Sock Wars, I was very lucky. My assasin and target were both so sweet. You can see my target here with her socks of doom that I sent her.

Some of you have asked for the website where I found the pattern for the tea cup and saucer. Here it is . I can't believe I forgot to mention it before.

I have been pouring over patterns and yarn gearing up for Socktoberfest, which started yesterday. I think I've finally decided. The last sock I knit was very tedious so I'm going with some patterns that will be a little bit easier on my hands. I think I've got it narrowed down to a picot edged sock with Regia, Dublin bay with some nature spun, some ankle socks with Cascade fixation, and finally 3 pair of toddler socks for nephews for Christmas. Phew. That's alot.

Yesterday, we had a nice birthday lunch for my mom. I gave her the butterfly rib socks and some autumn inspired dishcloths, with a silicone bundt pan. My kids had made her some cute cards on the computer, and my sister made some yummy pasta with sundried tomatoes and a salad. Today, I will be going to watch my nephew's soccer game. He's 6 and very active, so it should be a fun game to watch.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home