Tammy's Knitting Space

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Progress on my giraffe hat


Well, here it is so far. I am really liking the way this is turning out. I found this pattern in the Simply Knitting Fall 2006 magazine. I've still got to make the horns and the tail for the top of the hat. The pattern calls for using buttons as eyes, but my nephew is 2 years old, and I don't think that a good idea, so I's still working on what to use for the eyes. The head gets sewn on and then filled with some fiberfill. I started on the mittens last night which are basically the same with giraffe heads on the top of the mittens. There is also a scarf to go along with it. I decided to go with Red Heart soft yarn because I know these will need to be washed at some point with a 2 year old boy. I decided to go with muted colors of yellow and oranges (these are tangerine and honey), because I am making these for a boy.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Adorable!! I can't wait to see it finished!!

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    That hat, scarf, mitten set is going to be adorable! Can't wait to see the finished project....
    Happy knitting :)

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    how cute is that!!!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Angela Catirina said…

    That's really cute!!

    We have a fun new knitting web site - thought you might like to visit sometime:

    www.catirinabonetdesigns.com

    Hope to see you soon!
    Angela Catirina & Bonnie

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Very cute hat. Buttons are fine. I've got little grandchildren and use buttons on their things all the time. I've never had a single one come off yet. There's a trick to it. I attach with quilter's thread (very strong) never yarn. I also sew the button on 3 times which means there are 3 different knotted lengths of thread holding on one button. It's time consuming but like I said, having had a button pop off yet.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So cute!!!! Can't wait to see it all done!

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    oh my gosh! Can't wait to see when it's all done. It's already cute..and it's going to get even cuter, I'm sure. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home