Tammy's Knitting Space

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Yes, I have a new addiction

Well, here it is. Yes, that's lace. I've been working on socks so much lately that I haven't really had time to work on anything else. I've been admiring this scarf for so long, but procrastinated, not sure I could do it. Well along came Lacevember and I decided it was time to give it a try. I ordered my yarn from WEBS, got it in the mail yesterday, and cast on last night!! I'm so in love with this. The yarn is a pretty teal color, and this will be a Christmas present for my mom. I know this is not going to be the last one I make. Actually, there's another lace pattern scarf that I was looking out before deciding on this one, and I might just make that my second lace project. This is the progress I made after just one night of knitting!









I've actually made quite a bit of progress on my new sock, the Dublin Bay sock, using my Sock-ret pal give of Gems Pearl in "pink panther". This is 100% Merino wool and it is so soft and wonderful to knit with. I'm working on the heel right now.


And here are some new pictures of my sweeties!!! As you can see, Josie doesn't like to fool around when it comes to getting in the house. When it's cold, she goes outside, does her business and wants to be let right in. So me taking a picture of her is slowing down the process of me opening that door for her and she just wants me to stop!!


And here's Daisy checking out the camera and wondering if it's actually something she can eat! They've been spending more time inside their hutch now that the weather has started to turn, but we've had a mild week here in New England this week after the big wind storm this weekend, and they have been taking advantage of the warm sun this week.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    Your scarf is going to be beautiful! I love the color. We don't have a dog now, but if I could have one I would have a Boston terrier just like Josie.
    She's adorable! Maybe some day.....

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    the scarf is gorgeous! I've been wanting to do some lace too..(it's somewhere on that ever-growing list of things I want to try). :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home