Tammy's Knitting Space

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Another Christmas Present Complete!!


I'm done!!! TADA!! I think this turned out super cute. I can't wait to see it on my nephew. I followed the pattern to a T, except that I decided not to put the faces on the mittens. I just felt like it would be too busy. The mittens are so small and I think that the stripes make them cute enough. I got this pattern from Vogue Knit Simple Fall 2006 addition. Since he is a very active 2 year old boy, I went with something that could be washed. I used Red Heart Soft Yarn in a honey and tangerine. Because I made this for a boy, I didn't go with the bright colors suggested, I decided to tone them down a little. This was super easy to knit. I don't crochet, but I was able to muddle through the chain stitches for the tail and horns. I remember now why I don't make a lot of scarfs, I can be kind of monotonous at times.

I've also started a back pack for my daughter. I found this pattern at Knitty.com . I think this will be perfect for her because she doesn't like to carry a heavy backpack to school with her, and pink is her favorite color!! She did mention that she didn't like the flower on it, so I left that out. Hoping to have this done by the end of the weekend!!










Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We had a nice dinner with the whole family, all 40 of us!! And of course we ate too much. My husband and I actually got some Xmas shopping done on Black Friday!! We didn't get up for when the stores opened, so we missed out on a couple of deals, but we did good! My husband actually has them wrapped already!!!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger hakucho said…

    The giraffe set is fabulous...such a nice gift. I bet you little nephew will just love his new assessories!
    Can't wait to see the finished backpack :)
    Happy knitting :)

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Deborah said…

    what lucky children!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    the giraffe set is soooooo, soooooo cute!!! how nice for your daughter to have a knitted backpack too. :)

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I love the giraffe set! Your nephew is so lucky!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    That set is just adorable !

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    your lnk to the dishclothfunkal blog works only in your profile. :( I just emailed Judith. If you need a gmail account, I can send you an invite. Let me know.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is adorable!!! Well done:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home