Tammy's Knitting Space

Monday, January 29, 2007

I started my baby blanket

Here it is! It's amazing how fast this blanket is going. I got this pattern from Hakucho and the pattern is even more beautiful than I had thought. I'm using Bernats satin in this and it is soo soft, just perfect for a baby!!
















Did not accomplish too much else this weekend. We had my nephew over Saturday night and we took him to Chucky Cheese for dinner. Then on Sunday we had our new washer and dryer delivered. Yea!! Only ended up having to go to the laundromat once to dry clothes. Of course we ended up spending more money than we had discussed, but now laundry will be fun!! We ended up getting a front loader washer and dryer. My previous washer and dryer was 10 years old, so I feel like Im living in luxury now!! As a matter of fact, I had to run my daughter to cheering practice Sunday, and I also came down with a nasty flu or bug, so my husband did ALL the laundry yesterday!! It was amazing. I didn't ask him or anything, and he got it all done!! At least six loads of laundry!! He didn't even complain!!

Well, another busy week this week. My daughter's cheering competition is this weekend so every day will be spent preparing for that. I guess it's true about those cheerleading moms, they do as much work as the girls themselves! Between bringing them to practices, organizing team parties, booster club, getting everything they need for competitions, going to the competitions, the mother's spend just as much time on this sport as the kids. But I'll take that anyday over being at the top of one of their pyramids!!!

Oh, and today is my oldest daughter's 17th birthday. Happy Birthday Amanda!!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    the blanket is looking quite lovely! :) happy birthday to your oldest today! :)

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    I'm so glad you like the pattern. :) Love the yarn you are using! Very pretty pictures. It is a really easy knit once you get used to the pattern and I think it looks more complicated if you know what I mean :)

    happy knitting :)

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger KnittySue said…

    Love the yarn and color,your doing a beautiful job. I have a new niece arriving in May...I went to the site to get the pattern and can't find it. Thanks for showing me a new yarn to try.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home