Tammy's Knitting Space

Friday, January 26, 2007

Monkey off my back..er... needles!

Here they are!! Finally done. I finished them off last night. I was so glad to get these done because I was dying to wear them this weekend. I have to say this is probably my most favorite pair of socks I have knit. I'm in love with the colors and the pattern is simple. After the first sock, I was able to memorize the lace pattern which made it go by quickly and was able to sit down at night and watch TV at the same time. I've decided to make these socks for my Sockret pal. I have some pretty Anne Schaefer in a pretty purple colorway that I plan on using. My pal is pregnant, so if I have any left over, I think I'll knit up a pair of booties for her baby.
















So in other news, as you can see I've gone back to my old blog. I definitely need to sit down and read all the instructions before attempting it again. Reading HTMLs to me is liking reading an equation in algebra, and I was never good in algebra!!

This weekend and upcoming week will be a busy one. Out dryer finally died this week, so tonight we are headed over the Sears to find a new washer and dryer set. We figured since they are both the same age we might as well get them both now. Sears is offering free delivery now and 10% when you buy a set. We have used Sears for appliances now for ten years and have had good luck with them.

We also have a sleepover tomorrow with my nephew and a birthday party for him on Sunday.

My youngest daughter recently joined Celebrity Cheer and her first competition is next weekend in Providence, RI. This is our first competition so I'm not really sure what to expect, but I'm sure it will be exciting. We still need to get all her gear that she needs for the competition, and she will be having very long practices this week, which means that I will be busy as well.

Well, I guess the cold weather has finally arrived here. This morning the thermometer read 7 degrees...that's cold, even without the wind chill. I guess we couldn't avoid winter forever.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    Your socks are so pretty! I love the pattern :)

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    love the socks! good luck with upgrading your template!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger MsLindz said…

    Those came out really nice! I love the colors :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home