Tammy's Knitting Space

Monday, February 12, 2007

Busy, busy

Another competition weekend, and the team was in Hartford, Connecticut for the Spirit Cheer competition. This weekend they placed #1!!! They just keep getting better. They have a little break now before the big competition in March. Here's a picture of my daughter catching one of her teammates. She's on the right, (with the sneakers in front of her face).
















I was able to get a lot done this weekend. First the puppy. Well, what can I say, he's a puppy. He does go to the bathroom outside....but he also goes inside too. Still working on that. But it's a start. I don't think it will be too much longer. At least he's got Josie to show him what to do. I also started making him a sweater. It has finally gotten cold around here and he loves to be outside, but he does shiver. I'm just using Red Heart in a denim blue color. I figure this one won't last too long, so when he's full grown I'll make him and Josie matching sweaters that are nice and warm! This is a cable pattern I got from "Puppy Knits". I started this Saturday night, and I should finish it up tonight.
















Lastly, here's a gift I'm working on for my husband for Valentine's Day. We've been so busy it just kinda snuck up on me. It's just a small book made out of paper lunch bags. I've done some distressing on it, and inside I'm going to put in some pictures of vacations and our wedding and our family. The tricky part is trying to get it done without him catching on.














I also have a couple other projects going. My baby blanket is still going. Unfortunately, I got too sure of myself and decided to take the stitchmarkers out once I got through the first panel. Wrong thing to do! I ended up miscounting, and had to rip out a big section. I also worked on my Dublin Bay sock during the car ride and competition this weekend. This is one of my lonely socks that needed another to make a pair. After this, one more single sock left to complete!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    Your book looks great...so creative. I'm sure your husband will love it.

    Blogger must be acting up...I can't see the rest of your pictures.

    Even though I've made that blanket many many times over I still need my stitch markers. It comes it handy if you have to stop mid row.

    Happy knitting :)

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    what kind of yarn are you using for the puppy sweater? It looks great! the book you've been working on for your husband looks very cool too. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home