Tammy's Knitting Space

Monday, February 19, 2007

One more UFO sock finished

This is how I found my new puppy the other night. He seems to have taken a liking to my favorite slippers my husband got me for Xmas. He also seems to like his crate too, when he is free to come and go as he pleases. I guess that's a good thing. My older Boston never would step foot in her crate, we eventually got rid of it, because she wouldn't go near it. When I see him like that, I almost forget about all the times I've been on the floor in the dining room cleaning up pee stains, almost. He is turning out to be a good dog, and his training is coming along pretty well I think. He has discovered the meaning of no, which is a good thing!! He is wearing the sweater I knit for him. I haven't gotten a good picture of him wearing it yet, but it fits perfect!! Im so happy about that!!
















Here finally are my finished off Dublin Bay socks. I think these are the most comfortable socks I have made for myself. They fit perfect. They are just snug enough so that the heel doesn't turn on my when I'm wearing them, and I just think they are so pretty. The yarn and the color work perfectly with this pattern. I think this would be a good pattern for someone just starting out with working with lace, since it's only worked on a small part of the sock. I will definitely be making more of these socks.















I got a wonderful package in the mail last week. I received my final package from my Sockret pal. This had to be the best package of all three!! She made me some beautiful socks in Koigu. I haven't taken pictures yet, but I will soon! I put the socks on my feet as soon as I opened up the package. She also sent me some other wonderful goodies; a knitting journal, which is exactly what I wanted, some wonderful smelling lotion, some stitch markers, needle protectors, and best of all, Socks that Rock!! It's in a really neat colorway called Jinglebell Rock. Another yarn I've been wanting to try out!! I was so lucky to get such a great secret pal. Turns out that my secret pal was Suzie of the purlygates She also hosted a tea swap earlier in the year that I joined and she did a great job with that also!! She's a really sweet person, go check out her blog. She knits some wonderful socks!! I actually cast on for Knitty's Pomatomus socks last night with the wonderful yarn!!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    That is such a cute picture of your new puppy! Blue is his color! Glad things are working out so well.

    Your socks are so pretty. Very nice pattern and they do fit you well :)

    happy knitting :)

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    the picture of the puppy looks sooooo adorable. I love puppies.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Woman who knits said…

    TJ is a total doll!! So cute!! The socks are really pretty I love the light springy pink!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home