Tammy's Knitting Space

Friday, March 02, 2007

Where have I been?

Has it really been that long since I last blogged? I guess this puppy's keeping me busier than I thought! He's doing really well and fitting in nice with the family now. He loves to hide under things; cars, tables, beds. Here he is checking out the new socks I got from Suzy, my sockret pal. He definitely approves!! He's another picture of all the goodies she included with my new socks!


I started Knitty's potomatus socks and thought I was going all well, when somehow I managed to drop stitches, couldn't find out where I dropped them, and ended up frogging them. So I will be starting those over soon. I really is a fairly easy pattern, and it's my first reading from a chart which turned out to be fairly simple. I'm wondering now if I should switch yarns because I'm not sure the pattern is really showing up so well with this colorway. Maybe I should use this yarn for some more Monkey Socks.


Okay, I really do have an excuse for not posting. (My husband tells me I have an excuse for EVERYTHING!!). We have decided to tackle the upstairs bathroom. This is mostly used by the girls, but it was just so old. I think the fixtures were from the 60s!! Well why does nothing ever go easy??? The walls has wallpaper on the top half and some kind of paneling on the bottom. So we figured just take off the wallpaper, and paneling, and clean up the drywall and paint. Wrong!!! The walls in this bathroom consisted of three layers. First the paneling. Then sheetrock, which turned out only to be about a half inch think, and under that, wood paneling; not the cheap kind that goes up in sheets that we have all through the house already (yuck!), but thick, about an inch that goes up one by one with a ton a nails in it. We were also hoping that we wouldn't have to rip up the flooring that we could maybe tile over it, but by the toilet it had rotted, so we ended up having to rip up the flooring as well! Needless, to say, it's turning into a huge project, but I know in the end it will be beautiful! You can also see here what it looked before the demolition. Hmm, I'm not really sure which one is worse!!




We had some snow last week, and here's a shot of TJ in his first interaction with snow! As you can see here, he's not to sure what to think of it, and doesn't much like to walk in it because he sinks too far down!
As far as my other knitting goes, I have now made it to the third repeat on my baby blanket. It's really looking nice and the yarn is just so soft. G-girl had asked what yarn I had used on the puppy's sweater; it was just Red Heart in a denim color. It seems to be holding up very well too!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    you sure have been busy doing home improvement! i love the lil rug in the bathroom! your sockret pal socks that you received are very pretty! thanks for letting me know what yarn you used too!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger hakucho said…

    Good luck on your remodeling! Sorry you have been having trouble with your sock pattern. I'm sure they will be beautiful in the end :) You asked about the clog pattern on my blog...they really are very straight forward knittingwise -if you just follow the instructions closely. Very interesting pattern. I think you would like it :)
    happy knitting :)

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger g-girl said…

    hi tammy. :) you know the hostesses didn't accept me right away so maybe you'll hear from them within the next couple of days..if not, you can always send another email their way to find out if you made the cut-that's what I did. I used the email they provided on the blog-did you put PLEASE SIGN ME UP in the subject line? you know, we really need to exchange email addresses! lol. here's mine: rhoda.lyn AT gmail DOT com. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home