Tammy's Knitting Space

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Has this ever happened to you? And bathroom update

Well, here I go trying again, hopefully blogger is more agreeable today.

First, my bathroom update. The bathroom is now gutted out down to the knotty board paneling that was behind all the layers of wall. We've decided to dry wall over that, and that is going to be done this week. We were able to get to Lowes last weekend and buy all this!!

I love the sink and vanity. I've never seen a sink that comes out like that. The faucet and all hardware are brushed nickel. I know the tile pictured below may look like cement, but in person it is really beautiful. It has a rough finish on it, and has hues of gray and beige in it. We also bought some simple sconces and an oval shaped mirror, but unfortunately, I can't get those loaded into my blog.




















So have you ever had this happen to you? I bought this yarn last fall. It's Anne Schaefer and I'm absolutely in love with it. I was thinking about either socks or a lace scarf for it, and decided to wind it so that it would motivate me to pick out a pattern. Well, I decided I could wind without the help of my husband, who usually holds it for me. Big mistake!! I've now ended up with a hank full of knots. I really don't want to give up on this yarn just yet. So, I've been spending my nights in front of the t.v. with this yarn, slowly unknotting and winding. I guess I've learned my lesson.

And finally, here's a picture of my daughter and one of her teammates/friends. At the Spirit Festival held at Mohegan Sun two weeks ago, they placed first, winning national champions and the Jackpot winner in their division! They have made such an improvement from the their first competition. They even beat out the team they lost to in their first competition!

So you have to pardon the appearance of my blog today. I'm not sure if I loaded too many photos onto my blog or what, but I ended up losing half that I wanted to show off, and every time I try, my tags get messed up. So this is my Freaky Friday addition of my knitting space blog!!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger hakucho said…

    Congratulations to the champs!!!

    Yarn can just not cooperate sometimes...but I find tangled messes a challenge, like a puzzle :)

    In the "old days" we used to use the back of a chair to hold the yarn for winding if you didn't have a person ( or a swift) with arms willing to sit there ahd hold the yarn :)

    happy knitting once you get detangled :)

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger g-girl said…

    oh no! I have created a tangled mess myself--@ least twice before I got my yarn winder! So I totally feel your pain sitting there trying to take out all the knots. That happened with my yarn for my lace scarf and for some other yarn I decided to wind.
    the sink looks pretty! :)

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Emma said…

    Pretty sink! But ugh to the big mess of knots. Lots of patience required there!

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Sherri said…

    I have had that happen before and I am just stubborn enough to stick with it until I get it undone...the secret is to not pull it tight. Find an area and try to shake it loose...and then sometimes it helps when you get on a trail to have someone help out just with that part. So sorry, lived through a lot of those!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home